Huh. Who knew staffing ratios were a big deal?
Oh, right. WE DID.
Nurses everywhere have taken up the call—staffing ratios impact the care and safety of our patients, and keep the profession from burning out and getting hurt on the job. Even a certain Dogg knows it. (See Z-DoggMD’s AMA here.)
We’re waking up and ready to destroy the current paradigm: doing more with less. SHENANIGANS, Y’ALL. All chronic understaffing has done is increase the rates of morbidity and mortality, and decreased professional satisfaction—which means fewer nurses stay at their jobs…which means fewer nurses are at work…which leads to more injury and infection. Instead of the Circle of Life, it’s the Spiral of Disaster.
Let’s tell our administrators, CEOs and legislators what we know to be true. Are we cool with staffing ratios that endanger patients, decimate the health care worker population and and ultimately increase cost of care? NOPE.
Here’s what you can do:
- Tell your health care friends, teachers and students about how unsafe staffing levels increase the number of adverse patient events, up to and including death
- Also mention that it can increase the number of workplace injuries
- Invite them to join us in Washington on May 12, 2016
- Or, attend a state capitol event on the same day
- Share this press release with your colleagues, coworkers and friends: http://smysofficial.com/advocacy/safe-staffing/
- Get the Staffing Ratios Matter Shirt & rock that thang! It’s the Little Shirt that Could. It’s everywhere, and it’s back on sale. Order here.
Want More? Click below to follow us!